San Francisco, CA| 917.803.9478 | email@example.com |andyjordan.org
SR. DIRECTOR OF MULTIMEDIA PRODUCTION & COMMUNICATIONS
Passionate storyteller and driven leader offering a unique combination of expertise across technology, content/storytelling, and team leadership. Highly skilled in building/scaling operations, driving operational rigor and efficiencies, solving complex problems, and collaborating to reach people while having a meaningful impact. Dynamic professional with multinational experience and keen ability to drive growth in media. Demonstrated success in driving market requirements into production planning for major tech and media brands. Data-driven and inclusive leader credited for ability to synthesize market trends and effectively lead the strategy and rigorous execution of marquee multimedia content and communications. Analytical and creative, with proven ability to engage large audiences. Team-builder who brings people together, strives to inspire, effect positive change and make the world a better place.
Creative professional recognized for developing and managing marketing programs in fast-paced integrated marketing environments. Provide vision and leadership for results-oriented public relations programs. Critical thinker with a track record of excelling in cross-functional teams and driving direction and development for creative strategy, plans, and execution. Consistently deliver highly-engaging, quickly-deployed content.
AREAS OF EXCELLENCE
Multimedia Production • TV, Internet, Radio • Coaching & Mentoring • Writing • Reporting • Journalism • Storytelling Branding • Marketing • Thought Leadership • Social Media • Innovation • Change Management • Public Relations
Messaging Strategy • Content Management • Team Building • Strategic Communications • Operations •
Needle Space Labs, LLC , Berkeley, CA (2018)
Threading the Needle of Necessary Narratives. https://theneedle.space
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA (2018)
HEAD OF MULTIMEDIA
Jump-started Cloudflare’s video efforts, working cross-functionally with COO, creative/design, brand, product-marketing and events to lay the foundations for Cloudflare’s visual-storytelling capacity. “Resident-journalist” charged with evangelizing the ROI of video marketing and strategizing content for a fast-growing start-up aiming to help build a better Internet.
Splunk, San Francisco, CA (2013 – 2018)
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF MULTIMEDIA (2015 –2018)
Lead Multimedia Studio of B2B enterprise software company, Splunk. Oversee digital multimedia content for external-facing and internal marketing efforts. Lead team of visual storytellers, animators, and editors to bring to life the story of machine data and Splunk, driving brand awareness, industry thought-leadership, and contributing towards lead generation.
• Provide overall strategic guidance and management of Splunk’s dedicated in-house multimedia studio and production team.
• Analyze market needs by segment, determining opportunities, and gathering deep feedback from internal and external stakeholders; run alpha and beta testing processes.
• Perform outbound marketing, leading launch planning and working cross-functionally with various teams.
• Direct creation of content across field, customer, product, solutions, event and thought leadership marketing.
• Increased Splunk’s video views from 500k to over 2 million per year, with average engagement at over 2 minutes per video.
DIRECTOR OF MULTIMEDIA (2013 – 2015)
Led overall strategy and execution for multimedia digital content, including customer, product, enablement, and field event marketing videos.
• Established and executed DAMS and CDN best practices.
• Oversaw 150k Capex, and 350k annual Opex, FT headcount, and team of contractors.
• Innovated video production by researching, developing, and implementing new video delivery methods and storytelling methodologies, including light boards, whiteboard animations, and interactive videos.
• Co-led social media team
The Wall Street Journal, New York, NY & San Francisco, CA (2007 – 2013)
STAFF MULTIMEDIA PRODUCER/REPORTER
Managing Editor for video brand of Wall Street Journal’s A-Hed front page feature; rebranded and strategized content, ensuring maximum exposure and engagement. Managed large-scale event multimedia coverage for political conventions, World Economic Forum in Davos, and CES generating hundreds of videos under extreme deadline pressure.
• Created first-of-its-kind wonky tech franchise centered around odd stories of man meeting machine.
• Managed WSJ’s Multimedia Olympics Coverage from London, creating and managing award-winning coverage from the games and fringes.
• Reported from 2008 and 2012 Campaign Trails, creating experiential visual narratives centered around characters in weeds of political scene.
• Led WSJ’s “Cutting Back” Multimedia Series from Europe’s financial crisis, as only one-man-band to visit all PIIGS nations, creating stories focused on those directly affected by austerity campaigns.
• Reported for “Andy Jordan’s American Journey,” driving cross-country in eight days to find Obama-era green jobs, providing all shooting, reporting, and editing.
• Reported and produced for WSJ’s Documentary Unit.
• Established scalable one-man-band production workflows as WSJ’s first video-reporter hire.
EARLIER CAREER SUMMARY
STAFF AFTERNOON DRIVE NEWS ANCHOR for Air America affiliate, KQKE Radio “The Quake”, San Francisco, CA
STAFF SEGMENT PRODUCER/REPORTER, TechTV, San Francisco, CA
STAFF PRODUCER – SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, American Communications Foundation, Mill Valley, CA
STAFF PRODUCER/REPORTER, KQED TV (PBS), San Francisco, CA
PRODUCER/WRITER/ANNOUNCER, CNN, San Francisco, CA
STAFF ANCHOR/CORRESPONDENT/WRITER/EDITOR, CNN – Atlanta, GA
STAFF CONSULTANT/PRODUCER/ANCHOR, KBS (Korean Broadcasting System), Seoul, Korea
ADDITIONAL RADIO EXPERIENCE
KNGY-FM (Energy 92.7 FM) (Top 40) San Francisco, CA: Air Personality KZQZ-FM (Z 95.7 FM) San Francisco, CA: Air Personality WSTR-FM (Star 94) Atlanta, GA: Air Personality WFOX-FM (FOX 97) (Oldies) Radio Atlanta, Georgia: Air Personality/News Anchor WPUP-FM/WRFC-AM Rock Radio Athens, Georgia: Air Personality/News Anchor WGMG-FM (Magic 102) (AC) Radio Athens, Georgia: News Director/Anchor WMSL-FM (AC) Radio Athens, Georgia: Air Personality, Public Affairs Director WNIV-AM (AC) Radio Atlanta, Georgia: Air Personality, Public Affairs Director WAEC-AM (AC) Radio Atlanta, Georgia: Air Personality, Public Affairs Director
EDUCATION & FELLOWSHIPS
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN COMPARATIVE LITERATURE & ANCIENT GREEK
Magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
University of Georgia – Athens
Coursework: Oral Interpretation, Intercultural/Interpersonal Communication, Professional Writing, Voice, Mass Communications Theory & History
U.S. Journalist Exchange Fellow
The East West Center – South Korea
Asia-Pacific Journalism Fellow
The East West Center – Taipei, Bangkok, Singapore, Honolulu
Science Journalism Fellow in Biological/Genetic Studies
Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole